Moving can be stressful. You have to dig through boxes, make sure you have enough packing supplies and then you have to move your stuff. What’s worse? You have to unpack all of it once you get there! So if you’re planning on moving any time soon and want a pain-free experience, here are some tips that will help make moving day go more smoothly.
Box like a boss
- Use a permanent marker to label boxes that are going to the same place.
- Label your boxes with each room’s name on one side and number one or two on the other. This way, when you’re packing up your stuff in a new place, you can put each box where it belongs quickly and easily by matching up their labels.
Color code with two different colors
- Color code with different colored tape. Using colored tape is a time-honored way of marking boxes, but it doesn’t have to be limited to just one color. You can use two different colors to mark your moving boxes so you can easily tell them apart when you’re unpacking down the line. Use one color for each room in your new place and make sure nothing gets lost by labeling each box based on its intended destination (e.g., “Kitchen” or “Bedroom”).
- Use labels and stickers instead of markers or paint pens when labeling boxes, especially if they’ll be stacked up against walls in storage elsewhere in your home (markers tend to run). Labels are also less likely, than paint pens, to stain clothing or damage walls since they’re made specifically for sticking onto items rather than writing on them (and they won’t give off fumes either).
Wrap your glassware in socks and tea towels
The best way to ensure that your glassware arrives in one piece is by wrapping each piece in a sock and then adding another layer of protection by placing it inside a tea towel. This will keep the glassware from the possibility of breaking, but also be careful not to pack fragile items with other breakable things or heavy objects. Pack delicate items like wine glasses separately from breakable items like vases so that you can easily identify them when unpacking at your new home.
Pack dishes in kitchen boxes and keep them all together
Shopping for new items can be a stressful process, especially if you’re moving into an apartment or home without much storage space. When it comes to kitchenware, however, you should try to keep things as simple as possible and avoid purchasing extra pieces that may not fit your new kitchen layout or have a place in your budget. The best thing to do is pack your dishes in a box specifically designed for them—preferably with dividers so that each one is protected from the others. Label the box clearly so it stays organized during the move process and unboxing later on!
Packing, labeling and keeping things organized will make your move go more smoothly.
- Pack like a pro
- Use the right materials
- Label everything
- Keep things organized and in their place
- Get a packing list together, and stick to it! If your things are out of order when you get them, then you have to go through the whole process again from scratch which can be stressful in itself if you’re already exhausted from moving day.
The more organized you are, the less stressed you’ll be when the day comes. If you want to make sure your move goes smoothly, try using these tips and tricks from Arthur Perez Movers so that everything gets packed up without a hitch! If you’re planning to move, contact Arthur Perez Movers today to help you get the job done! Call (504) 241-5535 today or visit our website www.arthurperezmovers.com.